01 October 2008

Wi-fi: The Opiate of the Masses

So, I finally got wi-fi in my apartment, and let me tell you it's the best feeling in the world. I finally have some sort of connection with everyone back home! So on to stories from the last week. As you can see from my previous 2 posts, I was going through a bout of homesickness. I told my friend Mariah about it here and she decided to take me on a week of adventures. Things didn't exactly turn out how we had planned, but we managed to create a fun week out of our endeavours. To culminate our week, we decided to go on a daytrip to Toledo (south of Madrid). Funny enough, Toledo is about as far from Madrid as Toledo is from Detroit. Anywho, we got lost in the city, found a great pizza place (finished 3rd in the European pizza cup) and managed to get down all the way to the river and take some amazing pictures. Then we walked all the way back up to the top of the city and saw el Alcazar and the Toledo Military School from across the river. I'd keep describing it but my words do not do it any justice. The proof is in the Kodak, so check the pictures at the bottom of this post.

In other news, Spain has been good. Met some interesting people from all over the world (England, Ireland, Argentina, Switzerland, Sweeden, Finland, France, etc...). The strangest thing is the fact that I continually see people who look exaclty like the people from home.

So far I've seen: "Jillian", "John Vournakis", "Justin Rinke", and "Matt Embree" of rx bandits fame. The latter I've seen a million times, you have no idea how many dirty hippies there are in Spain.

Spain is rife with amazing grafitti, so take a look in the pictures to see what you're missing.

Anyways, here's the photos, take it sleasy.

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2032457&l=6b6ea&id=36202877
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2032456&l=3f101&id=36202877
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2032455&l=36d6f&id=36202877
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2032389&id=36202877

No comments: